Why is there stabbing pains every now and then in the left side of my upper abdomen, sort of under the bottom of my ribcages left side? is it my spleen? should i talk to my doctor?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
A good idea: It is always a good idea to discuss observed symptoms with your pediatrician. Keeping a log of your symptoms may help in better discerning the origin of your symptoms. Spleen is located in described location, the large bowel also angles down around that area and commonly pain is due to musculoskeletal wall related issues.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 11, 2020