I had covid in march. i thought i was having heart issues and did an echo and the cardiologist said everything was perfect and my heart was strong. i still feel like my heart starts beating like crazy out. pressure. can there still b issues?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Heart issues: If you are still concerned, return to your Cardiologist for a reevaluation or seek a second opinion. I'm glad you want to be proactive about your health care. Without ben edit of history, med list, physical exam, imaging, lab tests we can't diagnose you. What we can say is if yo are uncomfortable, seek more information.

Answered 10/23/2020

32 views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

COVID 19 concerns: Have non-cardiac issues been assessed such as pulmonary issues or anxiety?

Answered 10/26/2020

32 views

Palpitations,pressur: To evaluate symptoms of palpitations and chest pressure, I don't think an echocardiogram alone is enough testing. I would also do a treadmill stress test and schedule an outpatient Holter Monitor for 24-48 hours to determine the significance of the palpitations. If none occur during the 48 hours, longer monitoring testing is available. If these tests & thyroid are normal, you'll be reassured.

Answered 10/25/2020

32 views