Hyattsville, MD

my monocytes level is about 1,200 and usually hovers around that number. its been like that since i have been getting routine blood work in my early 20's and i am 39 now. i also had bone marrow biopsy in my early 20's due to this. is this normal?

Dr. LINDILE SOGA
Normal for you: If you have been able to function normally at that level for so long this is probably normal for you. Doctors treat patients not laboratory results. If you are clinically well and your doctor tells you so, take it ease. Don’t worry about some laboratory results that don’t impact your functionality