Chicago, IL

i injected meth into the inside of my upper left arm.the area swollen is darker than the rest of the skin and in the middle where i actually inserted the needle is dark purple with a bright red ring around it. the pain is getting worse what happened?

Pathology 49 years experience
Infection: What you described suggests an infection at the site of infection. It would be prudent to see a doctor or go to the emergency department of a hospital nearby. I trust you know that by doing meth you are engaging in self destructive behavior and need to change your approach to life. It would help to see a mental health professional. Wish you good health!
Medical eval: People don't try to manage this without getting medical assessment. I agree that a medical evaluation is needed to rule out infection.