Richmond, VA

In mid july, i was diagnosed with otitis and prescribed amoxicillin. the pain and swelling went away, but not the hard lump on the side of my neck directly under my ear. i've not had a cold or flu in over 6 months. what could be causing the knot?

Dr. Leslie Leighton
Hard lump: Persistent hard lump on the side of the neck needs to be evaluated with physical exam. It may need to be biopsied or removed. Suggest you see in person an ENT specialist for evaluation at your earliest convenience.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 9, 2020