Lake Oswego, OR

Been injured for about a month, primarily in the left bicep but also radiating throughout the entire arm at moments. severity of pain goes up and down. went to urgent treatment, who said it was a pulled bicep muscle. i was wondering about a pinched nerve. prior to this i was jarred down and landed on my back side, while in seated position. my upper abdomen and lower chest felt like it was compressed. felt like everything had been pushed down. any ideas? thanks. sore bicep/arm

Dr. Jeffrey Gross
Neurosurgery 29 years experience
You may be right: You could be right, although more information is needed. In addition to a biceps strain or even tear, you may have a nerve issue coming from the brachial plexus, or even the neck (although you did not mention neck pain, but you did mention an axial compression type mechanism of injury). I recommend a complete evaluation for the neck, shoulder, and arm by a specialist.

Last updated Aug 22, 2020