Elmwood Park, IL

I had a 24 hour urine protein electrophoresis test. my total protein was 4 mg/ dl. ualbumin 0.6, uaphla 1 0.5, ualpha 2 0.6, ubeta, 0.7, and ugamma 1.7. no m spike observed. are these normal ranges? does this rule out myeloma and amyloidsis?

Pathology 49 years experience
Not necessarily: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, why were these tests done? Do you have any symptoms? Both myeloma and amyloidosis are unlikely. Wish you good health!

Last updated Aug 11, 2020