hi i have either a tooth infection or a wisdom tooth that needs to be taken out. how do i know which is which?

3 doctor answers
25 years experience Psychiatry
Dental issue: Not to worry - you won't have to make that differentiation. If I was a dentist and had examined your mouth, saw your x-rays and had obtained a history - I would be able to answer your question. Short, of assessment by a dentist- no one can really tell you.
Answered on Aug 12, 2020
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
51 years experience Dentistry
Tooth infection?: This can only be determined by an examination. See a dentist for an examination and X-rays to determine any infections and to distinguish between any problems.
Answered on Aug 11, 2020
Dr. Arnold Malerman
53 years experience Orthodontics
By examination: This is a diagnostic decision your General Dentist spent 4 years of his/her life to be able to make with assurance. See your General Dentist for an examination, or a wisdom tooth expert, a specialist Oral Surgeon. Sorry, you don't have the equipment or the training to be able to make this decision yourself. Go see a Pro.
Answered on Aug 11, 2020