My daughter just had a baby two months ago she had a cesarean they cut her and took baby out and a week later on and off she have these real bad pain in her back and stomach that make her scream and cry and she take pain pill but that dont help ?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Talk to your DR.: Healing from a Cesarean section can take up to 6 months or longer depending on the type of incision and any complications. Pain is a common side effect of C-section, sometimes lasting years. The two main causes of post c-section pain are nerve pain and muscle pain. Nerve pain will go away after healing fully, Muscle pain can be treated by physical therapy, steroid injection, TENS stimulation.

Answered 7/25/2020

59 views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Pain S/P C section: It the pain is so severe that she is screaming 2 month later - I do recommend that she consult with her doctor. In traditional Chinese medicine, we have found that treating C -section scar with acupuncture can often improve significant back pain.

Answered 7/26/2020

58 views