i have been on fluconazole for 3months now because of a yeast infection. i've noticed that since then i have difficulty breathing/ tight chest and phlem building. could this be a side effect of fluconazole? if so,what could help with my breathing?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
See A DR: Fluconazole treatment for 3 continuous months is unusual except in the case of candidal bone infection. A simple vaginal yeast infection should only take 7- 14 days of treatment. Prolonged use of fluconazole increases the likelihood of side effects. You need to see a Dr ASAP. Difficulty breathing/tight chest could be a symptom of something severe and requires a thorough evaluation.