ZA

I have a sharp pain in my left hand side of my upper chest close to my shoulder when moving my left arm. the pain seems to travel to the back when i pull my arm back. if i am still theres no pain but occurs whenever i move other parts of my body.

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Strain/injury: Pain on movement can typically be traced back to a strain or minor muscle injury. Avoid positions that make the pain worse. Do not do any lifting or pulling with that arm. Wear a sling for comfort. Take NSAIDS for antiinflammatory effect. Rest the area so healing can occur. Use alternating hot and cold packs to alleviate the pain. Talk to a Dr if the pain does not resolve in 2 weeks time.

Last updated Jul 10, 2020