ZA

I had my tooth extracted 12 days ago, and when ibrushed my teeth i think i brushed my extraction site by mistake and it started bleeding. have i damaged the healing process?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Probably Not: Just be gentle brushing that area until it fully heals.
Dr. Manami Yamaguchi
Dentistry 25 years experience
KEEP CLEAN: The new, developing skin over the extraction site is fragile, so the area tends to bleed more easily. Depending on the type of extraction done, the socket (hole after the tooth is removed) make take about 7-10 days, or much longer, like 4 weeks. During the healing, it is important to eat well--eat nutritious, clean food. Ask your dentist for a final exam to confirm the healing is complete.

Last updated Jun 13, 2020