U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old male asked:

Good day, i have started showing symptoms of either panic or anxiety attacks, and are in need of some advice to assist. have been to the emergency rooms twice this week feeling like i was having a heart attack. the reason for the triggers are not knw?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Panic/ anxiety: Now , that heart attack has been ruled out, you are probably aware that the ER won't be where you will be getting your care. I encourage you to see your PCM to rule out any metabolic causes. Additionally, please consider seeing a therapist to address these symptoms. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be especially helpfu.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Get treatment: Start with PCP for good medical eval, and a counselor, there are very good talking treatment s for anxiety and PCP may refer for med eval with a psychoatrist, but might not need
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 7, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.