ZA

good day. a couch fell on my thumb, it is swollen and bruise on the top part of my thumb, it has a tenderness feeling as well .... can my thumb be broken of just badly injured?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Yes, needs xray: The problem with a finger injury is that if it is fractured and left untreated it can develop malformations, non union and instability and cause problems with functionality. It is worth getting an xray to see if it is broken and how badly. A Dr can treat a fracture found close to injury much easier than a fracture that is old. Best case scenario, it's just bruised and you get to walk away splinted

Last updated Jun 9, 2020