i fell and hurt my thumb its bruised and swollen i can move it but it hurts to grip things and my wrist is a bit sore to what should i do to treat it?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Wrist and thumb inju: ICE , Elevation, compression , NSAIDs . Avoid activities which produce pain . Consider obtaining an Ray and evaluation if u have persistent or increasing pain and swelling of the involved parts
Answered on Jun 6, 2018
2
Dr. Edward Hellman
28 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Be seen : I would be seen and have it x-rayed. You want to make sure that you don't have a fracture because if you do, it needs to be treated appropriately. A scaphoid fracture is one example of an injury that may seem to ininitially feel better after the initial injury but can go on to a non- Union if not treated correctly.
Answered on Aug 30, 2016
1