Why would my urine smell "minty" i have not been tested for diabetes, but, it does run in the family along with high blood pressure, stroke, heart attacks, and early death i am a bit overweight for my height. not a soda drinker, almost always water?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Urinalysis: Odors in urine are almost always caused by: Diabetes, Infection, Dehydration or Food Intake. Have a Urinalysis test to determine if there is any abnormalities that need treating. If not, don't worry. Drink lots of water to keep from being dehydrated and take note of what you eat. (It may be that you recognize a food or vegetable that makes your urine specifically minty)
Last updated Jun 2, 2020