A member asked:

Hello, hope you are well. i injured my right knee & foot and they are both swollen & sore. i can barely limp & if i move either in the wrong direction its painful. should i just elevate and ice both or see a doctor?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Stuart Hickerson answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Ankle: http://www.theottawarules.ca/ankle_rules If it just happened ice and elevation is the way to go, as long as there is no break in the skin or gross deformity. However, the injury should be seen if you can not bear weight. The link to the ottawa ankle rule should help.

Answered 1/5/2020



Related Questions