U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

Ingrown hairs on chin,waxing doesn't help and i have scarring from these ingrown hairs. do i need to see a dermatologist?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 10 years experience
Skin problems : The best way to judge this is to see it in person. A dermatologist is an expert on the skin and would be an excellent choice of doctor to see it.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Scarring: See a Dermatologist only if you want to resolve your problem. Obviously over the counter remedies are not working, so go see a specialist, a doctor with the most training to properly help you.
Last updated Mar 25, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.