A member asked:

How can i get rid of and prevent painful ingrown hair around my navel? i've been dealing with this for 10 years, should i see a dermatologist?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Antoanella Calame answered

Specializes in Pathology

Tretinoin (retin-a) cream can help decrease skin plugging or hyperkaratosis. Topical tretinoin cream may thin out the epidermis, reduce the buildup of dead skin cells, and decrease hair embedding into the follicies. Topical corticosteroid creams with a mild strength can be applied to reduce inflammation of inflamed ingrown hairs.

Answered Dec 2, 2020



Related Questions

A member asked:

Is it safe to shave the scrotum? How do I prevent ingrown hairs?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor