U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

Painful bumps on back of head (entire right side) 3 days ago. no redness, but constant pain. any advice? should i see a dermatologist?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Yes: Consult a dermatologist as soon as possible for diagnosis and treatment. This painful eruption may be shingles, other herpes eruption or a cluster of inflamed/infected ingrown hairs or folliculitis. These all are treatable and appropriate treatment and follow-up are important
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.