U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old male asked:

A doctor told me i have arrhythmia when i was a teenager and told me to come for a check up once every year. i never did that for last 15 years and i have been fine. should i go to a doctor and tell the story? if so, shall it be a specialist?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Start with GP: Your issue is vague & may have been nothing important. Start with your regular doc to first see if there is a problem. If so s/he will know who in your area to see for specialty care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 18, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.