U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

Need an opinion on my heart condition. went to a specialist. the doctor wants to put a stent in. i am 27 years old heart arrhythmias?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Stent: Stent placement is treatment for atherosclerotic blockage in a coronary artery which would be quite unusual in your age group. A blockage requires a coronary angiogram for diagnosis and is usually performed during the angiography which I assume you haven't had. A cardiologist should be involved in your care and can also discuss your question regarding arrythmias or any other heart issues or sympto

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.