U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old male asked:

I have a salivary stone that was diagnosed last year. the ent specialist recommended i return after a few weeks if it had not come out. i did not return and now i am in a different town. which type of doctor should i see?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
Ideally same: Depending on local resources and process you might need to reestablish with a GP that will be able to make a referral to a local ENT. Another way to find out would be to call previous ENT’ s office and ask for a referral in the area you live now. That will help a lot continuity of care as medical information will become available to the new doc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 14, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.