Lake Oswego, OR

I've been seeing a chiropractor for a month and i'm still experiencing tingling in my right leg. it's really uncomfortable. he has done xray and says l5/s1 is the area he is working on. any thoughts on what to do next? he is requesting an mri but i'm not

Chiro is not medical: A chiropractor is not a medical doctor. It is better to see a physiatrist (also known as a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor) or see an Orthopedic Spine doctor. Always have a primary care doctor to check for general problems, and he or she can refer to the other specialists. After seeing the doctors, Physical Therapy can offer some help, depending on what the diagnosis is.
Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Other options: Seems like I would do this for 2 more weeks and then after 6 weeks with chiropractor change therapies. Most back issues resolve in 6 weeks. Since you are still not healed I would consider a medical evaluation from orthopedic spine specialist. In Pennsylvania. a set of 3 steroid injections into the disc area are done to stop the nerve impingement on the disc. Just different therapy.

Last updated May 14, 2020