Circleville, OH

i have difficulties speaking sometimes.thinking of the right words to say and remembering.when i was a child i was in an accident which caused an injury to my head.i got stitches on my left eyebrow. did the accident possibly cause my verbal struggle?

Dr. Daniela Torres
Specializes in Medicina General
See below : It’s possible, however did the doctors rule out at the time that something like this could happen in the future? Memory loss can be caused by lots of stress, the bigger the stress burden the more difficulties you’ll have with memory. Regards ,
Likely not: The speech & language centers in the brain are located far from the location you mention. The brain itself has protective coverings like bubble wrap that reduce any outside trauma.Any such trauma that did not knock you out would not likely ever injure the brain inside. You may want to work with a speech & language pathologist who could possibly teach you to overcome the problem.