Bulgaria

I dont like looking at peoples eyes while they are talking to me (i dont mean family or friends), i feel uncomfortable,especially if they are explaining something yo me.i read that its the symptom of autism in girls.can i be autistic and not know?

Dr. Richard Romano
Look in my eyes : Autism is consistent and does not change with family. It sounds like you have underlying thoughts and emotional concerns causing you to act this way. Your help would best come from speaking to a psychologist
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Unlikely: Autism like most diagnoses requires dysfunction to really get the dx. There are a number of symptoms that occur together and result in dx of Autism:1. persistent deficits in social interaction and social interaction 2. a restricted repetitive patterns of behavior, interests or activities 3. symptoms present in early developmental period and 4. the symptoms cause clinically significant impairment

Last updated Apr 20, 2020