U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

Should i talk to my family doctor about autism spectrum disorders symptoms?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Psychiatry 23 years experience
Yes: Your primary care physician may not be an expert, but he/she certainly has a working knowledge of the problem. In addition, he/she can provide referrals to experts if they are necessary.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 74 years experience
Yes: I disagree that autism can be teated only with psychological therapy. It is a severe biochemical disorder and requires very detailed nutrient therapy. Call the autism research institute in san diego for a "defeat autism now" physician nearest to you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 33-year-old female asked about a female:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.