Atlanta, GA

I have 2 swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my face only. one seems to be a parotid and the other a submandibular. im having a difficult time swallowing and very mild sore throat (only on that side). frankly, that whole side of my face hurts. ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Otolaryngologist: Your symptoms may be due to a blocked duct of the parotid gland by a stone. I assume you've had the mumps vaccine and mumps aren't an issue. Consult an Otolaryngologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Ashesh Patel
See a Doctor ASAP: You could have Strep throat, parotitis, or worse, a peritonsillar abscess. You should see your primary care physician ASAP or if not available and/or your symptoms worsen, you should go to the ER for evaluation and management.
Last updated Mar 31, 2020