A 53-year-old male asked:

I have a huge pain at the joint of hip bone and thigh bone, maybe called caput femoris. its limiting my leg movements and pains. i have to see a doctor for medication asap, please. thank you!

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
Hip pain: Start with your General Physician or Urgent Care to start the diagnostic process and to make you as comfortable as possible until the cause of your pain can be elucidated. In addition to examination, history, medicine review, you may require imaging and lab tests. Your GP may want you to see an Orthopedic Surgeon or Rheumatologist based on diagnostic data. Go now.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 11, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.