U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old male asked:

I think i am. experiencing a manic episode with the main symptoms being high levels of agitation and irritability. i have recently gone onto wellbutrin and can't get hold of my psychiatrist. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 36 years experience
Need care: If your psychiatrist is not available there should be someone covering for them -If worse after the wellbutin added stopping it may help, IF really cannot track your doc down seeing someone new , if you are feeling out of control, Suicidal or getting yourself into trouble the ER would be a good choice as inpatient treatment is likely indicated. Best Wishes
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 8, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.