U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

I have eaten a curry with rice without knowing that the curry was spoiled.now i have a stomach ache and i feel like vomiting. what do i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Might need a doctor: A mild tummy ache with symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, whether at home or traveling, may be from a virus or bacteria infection, or contaminated food. A normal person, not on medications, usually recovers easily. People try taking a Pedialyte popsicle or 2-3 oz of Pedialyte hourly, plus drinking or eating little else for 1 day, to settle things down. One can call up his primary doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 21, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.