U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chester, NY
A 37-year-old male asked:

I have had some health concerns over the last few years where my body has lost muscle mass. i am not sure of the problem and wanted to know if i have a physical work up to discover the problem what medical tests what that most likely entail?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
Perceived changes: Will have to be substantiated through a physical exam. Deconditioning is common following hospitalizations. Work up starts with regular labs and will be further guided by results. Best to have it done under your PCP.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 9, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.