hi, i have an iud that expires the end of this year, i have started having some pain( sometimes extreme) around my ovaries and lower back, i have an appointment scheduled with my dr next month, but i was wondering if it is a more serious matter that needs

2 doctor answers
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
It might be: See your MD as soon as possible to be certain that the IUD is still in the correct place and the pelvis is not infected which can serious consequences for future fertility. If all is well, consider changing the IUD now or using another form of secure contraception.
Answered on Feb 3, 2020
Dr. Ralph Boling
38 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
If pain is: getting worse or limits normal activities, then see your doctor sooner rather than later.
Answered on Feb 10, 2020