U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old female asked:

I reside in cape town and recently my scalp and around my eyes have been extremely itchy with burning sensation and dry flaky skin , what can i use to treat and prevent ? it tends to worsen in the latter part of the year i.e. from sep. thank you

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor, preferably a dermatologist. What you described suggests allergy and you may try taking over the counter anti-allergy medication. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 25, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.