Dandruff and dry skin I have patches of dry itchy skin on my scalp and hair-line. I also have a few patches of red itchy skin near my eyes and eyebrows. Any idea what would be the cause of this and any solutions would be great too.

Dr. Matthew Bressie
24 years experience in Family Medicine
Thanks : Thanks for your question. The areas you describe would fit a diagnosis of seborrheic dermatitis, which usually involves redness and flaking of the skin at the scalp, near eyebrows, around the nose, or in other parts of the body. This could also be eczema or possibly psoriasis, which are diseases of the skin caused by inflammation. I would recommend a visit to your doctor - it would likely only take a quick look to tell the difference and to prescribe the appropriate treatment. While these are some likely reasons, for skin problems, the only way to know for sure is to see the rash. I hope this helps. Thanks!
Answered on Jun 13, 2017
7