U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

How do i treat an eye infection. itchy eyes, red, a bit swollen. sore yellow/green discharge. do i need to see a doctor, or will eye drops (allergex) and an oral celestimine be sufficient?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 11 years experience
Eye infection : It is best to see a doctor for discharge in the eye. An examination can reveal individualized care specific to your concern. Those medications you mention will not treat a bacterial eye infection which can cause a yellow-green discharge
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 10, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.