about 6 or 8 months go, not sure, took a test and was told had an ulcer. asked what do i do now? the doctor didn't see me after the test. talked to his nurse. all she said was avoid hot food. i don't eat hot seasoned food anyway . what to do?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Ulcer: Your physician or gastroenterologist, who knows your test results and what your symptoms were is best to advise you. If the ulcer was in your stomach and not a classic peptic ulcer in the duodenum, I would consider a follow-up examination of the stomach important. A duodenal peptic ulcer doesn't necessarily require a follow-up endoscopy and usually heals well. You may want to stay on a bland diet,
Answered on Dec 29, 2019