U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old male asked:

Hi dr , currently having so much pain from my wisdom tooth , my gums are inflated . i am aware that i dont have space for the nd that they should be extracted . do i really have to see a dentist to get some meds to get rid of the gum inflation ?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
See a dentist...: .... or Oral Surgeon, for their extraction. Mediation alone will not resolve your problems. And yes, you really do need to see a dentist for treatment.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Pills won't fix: Pills alone will not fix wisdom tooth problems. Inflammation may be due to infection, position, or damage to surrounding tissues. Make an appointment with a wisdom tooth expert, a specialist Oral Surgeon, for an examination, imaging, and a discussion of your treatment options. The pain and swelling are red flags saying that you need immediate care.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 27, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.