i am experiencing moderate shortness of breath of gradual onset, that gets worse with psychological stress, exercise or physical activity, that is unaffected by lying down, and that gets better with rest, and that is unaffected by sitting upright, heart p

Dr. Donald Colantino
Shortness of breath: I believe your symptoms warrant an evaluation which includes a general examination, lab work to check for anemia and assessment of lung and cardiac status. I recommend starting with a specialist in internal medicine and appropriate testing will be done. Anxiety and chronic stress may be present, but the physical evaluation comes first before diagnosing these.
Answered on Dec 16, 2019