San Jose, CA

i am experiencing chest tightness (worsened by: psychological stress, worse at night) and shortness of breath (time frame: gradually) (worsened by: psychological stress, lying down, exercise or physical activity) (severity: moderate) (better by: rest, s

Doctor can evaluate: Chest tightness or shortness of breath is not normal, unless it is the mild temporary shortness of breath with sports activities (but even then, one must be sure she is not having more shortness of breath than her sports peers have). Possible reasons for shortness of breath include lung or heart disease, fluid around the heart or in the lungs, asthma, anxiety, costochondritis, etc...