my daughter is 3 years old she has fever now 4 days .i did crp and cbc ,crp is 8.9 and tlc is 13900 i am giving her omnicef syrup from 3 days but in the evening fever is increasing . is it better to wait or consult again with doctor ?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Fever on antibiotics: Would consult with doctor. 3 days usually sees significant decrease to actual cessation of fever, if it is the appropriate antibiotic. may be viral( mononucleosis- ( lymph nodes big? ) the wrong antibiotic i.e. may need a drug that covers atypical bacterial like azithromycin , rarely may be fungal or may be autoimmune - consider Kawasaki s disease or very rarely malignancy. Would call doctor
Answered on Dec 11, 2019