My heart started to flutter or skip beats every 6-10 seconds non stop for about a week and half now. i went to urgent care and had ekg and blood work done. my blood count was low and sodium. week has past i still have the same issue. what to do next?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Evaluations: You need 2 evaluations. A physician will investigate what I assume is anemia and the cause of low sodium and order thyroid tests. A cardiologist will investigate the palpitations with an outpatient monitoring of your heart rhythm. You'll write in the diary what times you experience palpitations. In the meantime avoid alcohol, caffeine and nicotine which can cause cardiac irritability.

Last updated Dec 3, 2019