Chicago, IL

I recently had an mri to rule out a pseudotumor cerebri. i noticed on my mri results that it said there is a single punctate focus of t2 prolongation in the left corona radiata, nonspecific. it goes on to say otherwise unremarkable. ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Nonspecific: In such cases the attending physician who ordered the study asks the radiologist who interpreted the study to elucidate further and determine whether any further additional testing, repeat follow-up study or referral to another specialist like a neurologist or neurosurgeon is warranted. My sense is that the finding is insignificant but would defer to the radiologist.

Last updated Nov 17, 2019