Hit forehead with cupboard door 1 mo. ago. no bruise/bump, just tender. no other symptoms. it does not bother me unless i massage my forehead and the area is still a little tender. is this normal?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Pain: Two nerves travel from your eye sockets to the top of your head: supratrochlear nerve and suprorbital nerve. Likely one of these nerves got some damage. That is a neuropraxia which is common from blunt trauma. The nerve sheath takes some time to repair, and that can cause some persistent pain.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 14, 2019