my 16 week old gsd bit me on my toe last night quite deep. it has been many years since my last tetanus. he had his last set of vaccinations yesterday. do i need to see a doc?

32 years experience Pediatrics
Usually see a Dr.: In the United States, dogs are well taken care of and cities have good animal control services. One is unlikely to get rabies from dog bite in the US. However, dogs do bite people, and any bite should be seen by a doctor in order to evaluate and treat with antibiotics, especially a bite that is "quite deep." Tetanus protection can be renewed with a Tdap or Td vaccine (more likely Tdap).
Answered on Nov 2, 2019
1