A 17-year-old male asked about a 18-year-old male:

Why didn't my nail puncture wound bleed? it was a rusty nail and went deep into the foot through my shoe - last tetanus 3 years ago?

Dr. Daniel Kleiner
Podiatry 51 years experience
Puncture wounds varI: In size and bleeding can vary.See M.D. Promptly for evaluation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Hylton Lightman
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine 46 years experience
Normal: Went in deep in sole, thick skin . Not need to bleed.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 43 years experience
See below: It can depend on where and how deep it went into the foot. Also upon removal of the nail the wound may have sealed if it was a small nail.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 24 years experience
Debridement: Deep puncture wounds can be potentially dangerous as one may develop tetanus, or a number of other types of deep infections. If the wound was deep enough they may lead to bone infections. You may need periodic debridement of you wound to remove any unhealthy tissue.
Last updated Jul 16, 2018