Chicago, IL
A 64-year-old female asked:

Does anyone know a spine surgeon who will consider minimally invasive lumbar decompression surgery for spinal stenosis without fusion when there is single level spondylolisthesis at l5-s1?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Amandeep Kaur
Family Medicine 12 years experience
Back pain: Doctor will determine the approach of treatment after examining you and reviewing the imaging report. If you are not satisfied with the options of surgery that you are getting then ask your primary care doctor to refer you to another spine surgeon to get a second opinion. If your insurance doesn't need PCP referral then you could call insurance company and ask for list of surgeons covered.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 25, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.