Dallas, TX

Fractured colles, non displaced. will my wrist heal normally in a splint? initially deformed and swollen. will deformity subside as swelling goes down?

Dr. Javier de Magana
Dr. Javier de Maganaanswered
Specializes in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
Hello: The treatment is to reduce the fracture by manipulation from the traumatologist and then a cast is applied to keep it in its anatomical position. The swelling will diminish and the deformity may no longer be visible. Normally it will not remain deformed or just a little callus could be palpable.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.