What can cause a low wbc (3.9), high red cell dist width (14.8), low neutrophil (1.94), and low lymphocyte (1.35)? everything else came back normal on my cbc and unfortunately my doctor is unavailable to explain the results. thank you.

9 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, it may be your normal. African Americans have lower WBC count than what may be considered normal. If you do not have fever or any other symptoms. You can wait to talk to your doctor.

Answered Oct 14, 2019

135 views