U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

Got red burning bumps below my breast area.seems to be inflamed. do i see a gp or dermatologist ?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Dermatologist: This could be shingles (if only one side is involved )which is an eruption caused by herpes zoster(the chickenpox virus). This is treatable. See your physician or dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.